Categories
The Ork Warship

End of Year Update!

As the year draws to an end, I thought I had best provide an update of all the little bits and pieces I have been doing over the Christmas holiday.

  • Prop shaft support has been glued in place.
  • Motor mount created, tested and fitted.
  • Bow thruster glued in place and tubes trimmed and filed flush with the hull.
  • Deck support strips have been fitted all around the top edge of the hull and also for the lower deck.
  • Hull side ladders have been constructed in preparation for fitting once the slots have been cut in the hull.

Hopefully wont be long now before I can get the decks fitted, which is when the real fun will begin. And finally a couple of photos illustrating most of the above.

Categories
The Ork Warship

Lower Deck

Last night I constructed the lower deck and hatch for access to the running gear. A fairly simple build and a good fit between the hatch and deck was achieved.

Categories
The Ork Warship

First Crew Members

An early Christmas pressie sees the arrival of the first crew members of the Ork Warship. An Ork Kannon and its 2 Grot operators. They will eventually find a spot on the deck.

Categories
The Ork Warship

Servo Box

The servo box was constructed and glued in place inside the hull.

Shown here with a servo and connecting rod fitted.

Categories
The Ork Warship

Running Gear

The weekend’s major achievement was to get the running gear glued in to place. I found this quite a tricky task, doing a dry run of the assembly to get the major components all lined up requires a few extra pairs of hands, or in my case copious amounts of masking tape. Once I was happy that everything was going to fit, I started off by fixing the Kort nozzle. Then came the prop shaft, which after checking there was clearance for the motor, was tacked in place. The skeg and rudder were last to be fitted.

Categories
The Ork Warship

Bilge Keels

The Bilge Keels have been added. The process involved cutting 3 slots in each side of the hull for the Bilge Keel tabs. The tabs were then slotted in place, pinned and epoxy’d. Also applied some filler externally to finish.

Categories
The Ork Warship

A Few Ideas…

The following sketches show a few ideas for the conversion of Our Lass II in to an Ork Warship. The first sketch shows an idea for a launch pad for Stormboyz, some deck detail in the form of leaking oil drums, and an external helm for the Captain.

This sketch shows a possible way to modify the main cabin, along with the addition of a funnel and various exhausts.

A crow’s nest for the mast complete with gretchin look out and some possible detailing for the bow.

Finally, a claw for the crane and some cannon emplacements on the deck.