Shark Jaw

I decided to go ahead and add the Shark Jaws that I planned earlier in the year. The effect I’m going for is to look like the Orks have bolted/riveted on big plates of metal. I started off with the outer strip, supergluing around the bow. I then stuck spacers to the inside of the strip to which I attached the second strip. Then again repeating the spacers to support the innermost strip. I’m currently in the process of flooding epoxy where the strips meet the hull and then adding filler to make it all as strong as possible.

I’ve started adding teeth and the eyes… eventually I will add things like rivets, damage, reinforcements etc


I have finally got the main deck stuck on! With that the shape of the boat really starts to become more apparent and I started thinking back to some of my earlier sketches where I had a shark’s Jaw at the bow. With the help of some card, I had a go at mocking up what it could look like if, rather than just painting teeth at the front, it was made to look like the Orks had constructed a big metal jaw and bolted it to the front of the boat.

I think it looks pretty menacing. Once you consider where the waterline will be, it should in theory look like a shark’s head coming out of the water. There are of course a couple of practical considerations. Firstly, it interferes a bit with the anchor box on the port side bow. And secondly, it could make lifting the boat out of the water rather interesting!