Following on from my earlier post where I enlarged the deck aperture and built the surrounding wall, I have made some progress on the Deffkopta deck lift over the last few days.
This is the Deffkopta in question…
This is the basic structure of the lift shaft, most of which will be below deck. Although the lift won’t actually operate, I do want it to be adjustable so I can have the lift platform in various positions. I also wanted there to be some depth visible through the sides and the platform itself. I’ve also made this unit removable so that I can use the hole for easier access to the bow thruster.
Here is the unit in its place on the deck. There is plenty of detailing work to be added to make it visually interesting, various pipe work, supports etc.